The Nebraska Farm Bureau Foundation for Agriculture
has an immediate opening for a Director of Development.
Reporting to and in partnership with the Executive Director (ED), the Development Director (Director) will spearhead development efforts as the Nebraska Farm Bureau Foundation for Agriculture
continues to grow. A new position in the organization, the Director will have the opportunity to build the development function.
Nebraska Farm Bureau Foundation for Agriculture’s Executive Director
FUNDAMENTAL JOB DUTIES:
Individual must have the "abilities" required to effectively and efficiently accomplish the fundamental job duties listed for this position. Ability is defined as the application of both the skill and the knowledge needed to perform the fundamental job duties.
- Develop and execute the Foundation’s annual fundraising plan in cooperation with the ED Work with ED to secure financial support from individuals, foundations and corporations
- Manage the implementation of our donor database and oversee staff responsible for data entry and gift processing
- Develop and grow our individual donor base; manage annual giving campaigns & cultivate major gifts.
- Write grant proposals and reports to corporate, foundation, commodity board and government funders
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with major donors
- Creating and executing a strategy for a large sustained base of annual individual donors
- Overseeing organization of special fundraising events
- Developing and tracking proposals and reports for all foundation and corporate fundraising
- Create and implement marketing and media strategies.
- Strategically plan development opportunities.
- BA or BS or equivalent degree preferred.
- 5-plus years’ experience in development preferred
- Demonstrated excellence in organizational, managerial, and communication skills
- Proven track record of achieving revenue targets
- Thorough understanding of all components of a diversified funding base
- Knowledge of donor databases and donor portfolio building
- Flexibility required
MENTAL AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Position is considered “Sedentary” to “Light” work with occasional exertion of 10-15 lbs. of force for lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, or otherwise moving objects.
- Able to hear verbal instructions and use telephone.
- Able to complete repetitive motions.
- Travel required.
- Normal office environment.
- Smoke free environment at 5225 So. 16th St. & Service Center locations, but not at functions held at other locations.
- Able to adapt to change quickly.
- Able to effectively handle a variety of tasks.
- Able to comprehend, learn, and adjust to change as the job may demand.
- Able to cope with stressful circumstances and cordially interact with co-workers to accomplish common tasks.
- Positive work attitude (cheerful & helpful).
- Travel required.
- Able to work occasional extended hours and/or weekends.
- Able to increase speed of work output as required by work flow and/or schedule.
- Able to maintain accuracy and attention to detail.
- Able to organize time and workflow to effectively accomplish the job duties.
- Understand importance of “Customer Satisfaction” through excellent service.
- Understand and practice job confidentiality, as required.
- Meet the following driving record qualifications (if assigned fleet car or use pool car in job responsibilities):
- Hold a valid drivers license for the State of Nebraska
- No more than one chargeable accident in last 12 months
- No more than two chargeable accidents in last 36 months
- No more than two violations resulting in points against drivers license (points against license must not exceed six).
- Any combination of: A chargeable accident and traffic violation(s) resulting in more than three points against driver’s license.
- Able to make decisions on imperfect information.
- Bias toward action.
Submit cover letter and resume to:
Deanna Karmazin, Executive Director
Nebraska Farm Bureau Foundation for Agriculture
5225 S. 16th Street
Lincoln, NE 68512
Applications will be accepted until Tuesday, March 4, 2014.