12 slices bacon
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Pinch of salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350º F.
2. If you are using thick bacon, partially precook in microwave.
3. In a medium-sized bowl, whisk the eggs, salt, pepper and cheese.
4. Spray non-stick spray in a 12-cup muffin tin or two 6-cup tins.
5. Wrap each piece of bacon inside the sides of each muffin cup. (I find that cutting the strips in half vertically makes wrapping more manageable.)
6. Fill each bacon-lined cup 3/4 of the way with the egg mixture.
7. Bake for 30-35 minutes, until the egg cups are golden brown and don’t jiggle.
8. Use a knife to scoop them out of tins. Serve immediately.
Note: You can easily cut this recipe in half for 6 egg cups.
Recipe from fatgirltrappedinaskinnybody.com and photo by Lois Linke.