Nebraska Farm Bureau Federation
Position Announcement – Lincoln, NE
Title: Multimedia Graphic Designer Department: Communication Strategy and Issue Management
- Must possess good writing skills
Must be proficient in (graphic design software Adobe Creative Suites; InDesign and Photoshop)
- Must have Newspaper layout skills, similar experience
- Must have outstanding proof reading skills and be able to proof using Associated Press (AP) style.
- Must be proficient in social media analytics and search engine optimization (SEO)
- Must be proficient in constant Contact or similar program.
- Must be a team player; open to creative collaboration.
- Must be able to take direction
- Must be a self-starter
Reports To: Vice President/Communication Strategy and Vice President/Issue Management
Primary job duties:
1. Design, layout and complete pre-press production for “Nebraska Farm Bureau News” monthly newspaper using InDesign software.
a. Help gather newspaper content
b. Prepare PDFs of this publication for use by Farm Bureau’s printer.
c. Place the newspaper on “scribd” electronic version and link to the Farm Bureau website.
2. Serve as the primary graphic designer for both print and digital content for NFBF and NFBF affiliated organizations including:
a. Printed Materials
- annual reports
- Other items as needed
b, Digital Elements
- Digital newsletters
- Digital advertisements
- Website graphics
- Video graphics
3. Provide resource and content management for NFBF website
a. Conduct day-to-day uploading of content to NFBF website and be part of collaborative content creation for NFBF website with CSI Dept. staff.
b. Provide primary oversight for NFBF website search engine optimization (SEO) Serve as the primary contact with Iowa Farm Bureau on website management issues.
4. Serve as CSI manager of “Constant Contact” database.
5. Assist with NFBF Print Center operation oversight.
a. Assist in management of part-time print shop employee with Vice President of Communication Strategy.
b. Work with copy and other outside vendors as needed.
6. Serve as proof reader for NFBF materials.
To interact with CSI Department heads and to operate as a team member of NFBF’s Communication Strategy and Issue Management Department.
EDUCATION OR TRAINING REQUIRED: Bachelor’s degree, Graphic Design, Journalism or related field. Fluently read, write and speak the English language. Willingness and ability to provide customer service. Excellent people skills a must.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
• Minimum one year of graphic design experience in either a newspaper or advertising setting, journalism or non-profit communications.
• Web development and IT skills.
• Strong project management skills.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to design and write materials for various mediums.
• Experience in social media platforms and measurement tools.
• Teamwork is a must.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Travel is required.
Normal office environment. Smoke free environment at 5225 S. 16th Street location.
MENTAL AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
1. Able to maintain sustained concentration.
2. Able to effectively handle a variety of tasks.
3. Able to comprehend, learn and adjust to change as the job may demand.
4. Able to cope with stressful circumstances and to cordially interact with coworkers to accomplish common tasks.
5. Positive work attitude (cheerful and helpful).
6. Able to be present at the work site during normal office hours. Regular, predictable attendance is essential. Able to work occasional extended hours and/or weekends.
7. Able to increase speed of work output as required by work flow and/or time schedule.
8. Able to maintain accuracy and attention to detail.
9. Able to organize time and workflow to effectively accomplish the job duties.
10. Understand importance of “Customer Satisfaction” through excellent service.
11. Understand and practice job confidentiality, as required.
12. Meet the following driving record qualifications (if assigned fleet car or use pool car in job responsibilities):
A. Hold a valid drivers’ license for the state of Nebraska,
B. No more than one chargeable accident in the last 12 months.
C. No more than two chargeable accidents in the last 36 months.
D. No more than two violations resulting in points against drivers’ license (points against license must not exceed six).
E. Any combination of:
1. A chargeable accident and
2. Traffic violation(s) resulting in more than three points against drivers’ license.
13. Able to make decisions on imperfect information.
14. Bias toward action. 15. Decisiveness. 4/14
Cover letters and resumes may be emailed to email@example.com or mailed to:
Tina Henderson, Vice President Communication Strategy
Nebraska Farm Bureau Federation
5225 S. 16th Street P.O. Box 80299
Lincoln, NE 68501