1 can (18 ounces) vacuum-pack sweet potatoes
1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
6 large marshmallows
1 tablespoon melted butter or margarine
1/3 cup cornflake crumbs
1. Preheat oven to 450º F.
2. Grease the bottom of a small sheet pan.
3. Mash sweet potatoes.
4. Blend the brown sugar into the mashed potatoes.
5. Shape 1/6 of the potato mixture (approx. 1/3 cup) around each marshmallow to form a ball.
6. Brush one sweet potato ball at a time with butter; roll in cornflake crumbs to coat. Place on sheet pan.
7. Bake 8-10 minutes or until coating is light brown.
I used my homegrown sweet potatoes. After cooking and mashing them, I weighed out 18 ounces of the mashed potatoes for this recipe. Refrigerating the mashed mixture before forming balls makes handling easier.
Recipe from www.bettycrocker.com and photo from Lois Linke, wife of Karl Linke, NFBF district director of member services for the southeast.