1/2 loaf of a purchased angel food cake, cut or broken into 1-inch pieces (about 5 ounces)
3 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1 8-ounce carton of whipped topping
1 can cherry pie filling
Additional whipped topping (optional)
Sliced almonds (optional)
1. In a medium bowl, cream the cream cheese and powdered sugar.
2. Fold in the whipped topping.
3. Add the angel food cake and combine until the cake is well coated.
4. Spread cake mixture into a buttered 8-inch square pan.
5. Spread cherry pie filling over the top. Chill at least 6 hours or overnight.
6. Garnish each serving with a dollop of whipped topping and sliced almonds.
Recipe from the 4-H Friends' Cookbook and photo from Lois Linke, wife of Karl Linke, NFBF district director of member services for the southeast.