2-3 chicken breasts, cooked & shredded
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 medium onion, diced
1 red pepper, diced
1 (4 oz.) can diced green chiles
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons chili powder
1 teaspoon cumin
2 (10 oz.) cans green chili enchilada sauce
2/3 cups red enchilada sauce
2 cups shredded Colby and Monterrey jack cheese
1 cup sour cream
1. Cook chicken, drain and shred.
2. Meanwhile boil pasta according to package and chop the veggies.
3. Heat the olive oil in a deep skillet and cook onions for 3-5 minutes. Add garlic and red pepper and cook for another 3-5 minutes.
4. Add cooked chicken, green chiles, cumin, chili powder, salt and enchilada sauces. Let sauce simmer for 8-10 minutes.
5. Add cheese and stir until the cheese is melted and heated through. Now toss in the sour cream, but do not bring to a boil. Cook on low heat or the sour cream will curdle. Stir until sour cream is well mixed and heated through.
6. Drain pasta and return to pot. Pour sauce over pasta and mix well. Serve and garnish with avocado, tomato, green onion and a dollop of sour cream.
Recipe from http://pearls-handcuffs-happyhour.blogspot.com/2010/11/five-starsand-then-some.html and photo from Tara Grell, NFBF graphic designer.