1/2 cup sugar
3 tablespoons cocoa powder
1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
Dash of salt
1/2 cup room temperature water
2 tablespoons butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
1. In a 2-cup glass measuring cup, mix dry ingredients.
2. Stir in water until all ingredients are blended.
3. Microwave on full power for about 90 seconds, stirring halfway through.
4. Add butter and microwave for 30 seconds, or until butter is melted. Stir halfway through the cooking time.
5. Remove from the microwave and add vanilla.
6. Serve hot over ice cream.
Recipe from Amana Microwave Recipe Book and photo from Lois Linke, wife of Karl Linke, NFBF district director of member services for the southeast.