Praline Filling Ingredients
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup butter, melted
1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
Fruit Sauce Ingredients
8 cups fresh or frozen unsweetened peach slices
1 cup sugar
1 cup water
2 tablespoons cornstarch
Dash of salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
3/4 cup milk
2 teaspoon lemon juice
1 1/4-1 1/2 cups flour
2 teaspoons sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter
1. If frozen peaches are used, thaw, but don’t drain.
2. For praline filling, stir together brown sugar and melted butter. Toss in pecans. Mix and set aside.
3. Preheat oven to 400º F.
4. In a Dutch oven combine peaches, 1 cup sugar, water, cornstarch, salt and cinnamon. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Cover and keep warm.
5. In a small bowl, combine milk and lemon juice; set aside.
6. For dough, in a small bowl stir together flour, 2 teaspoons sugar, baking powder, soda and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
7. Make a well in center; add milk mixture. Stir just until dough clings together.
8. Turn out dough onto lightly floured surface. Knead gently for 10-12 strokes.
9. Roll dough into 8”x12” rectangle; spread with pecan filling.
10. Starting from one of the long sides, roll up dough into a spiral; cut into 12 1-inch wide pieces.
11. Transfer hot peach mixture to an ungreased 9”x13” baking pan.
12. Place dough pieces, cut sides down, on top of the peach mixture.
13. Bake 25 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
Recipe source unknown. Photos from Lois Linke, wife of Karl Linke, Nebraska Farm Bureau district director of member services for the southeast.