The following questions will be used at the 2013 Nebraska Farm Bureau annual meeting and at the 2014 American Farm Bureau annual meeting.
- How should Farm Bureau engage farmer and rancher members, representing all types and kinds of operations (i.e., conventional, organic, large, small and niche markets) to work together to better promote a more positive image of agriculture?
- How do we encourage young farmers and ranchers to continue to be involved in Farm Bureau? How can young producers lead even if they don’t hold elected positions on boards?
- What are the best practices for youth working on farms and ranches to ensure their safety and provide them learning opportunities in the area of agriculture production?
- U.S. agriculture is one of the major industries for the American economy. What can farmers do to stimulate more economic growth?
- How can young farmers and ranchers work with elected and appointed officials to eliminate unnecessary or excessive regulations placed upon agriculture while ensuring that new regulations are justified based on their costs and anticipated benefits?