2 packages of beef flavored Ramen noodles
1 25-ounce can Hormel chili with or without beans
About 1/2 of a large bag of nacho chips
1/4 cup diced jalapeno peppers or 1, 4-ounce can green chilies
1 tablespoon chili powder
9 thin slices of Velveeta cheese
1. In a medium sauce pan, boil 3 cups of water. Add just the noodles; remove from the heat and let sit until noodles are cooked (about 5 minutes), stirring one time.
2. Drain water, add seasoning packets to the noodles and then set noodles aside.
3. In a small sauce pan or in the microwave, heat chili just until hot. Add peppers and chili powder.
4. Lightly butter a pie pan. Crush nacho chips and spread 1/4 of them in the bottom of the pie dish.
5. Add about 1/3 of the noodles, then 1/3 of the chili, followed by 1/3 of the cheese.
6. Continue layering (chips, noodles, chili, cheese), ending with nacho chips.
7. Bake in a 350º F oven for 10-15 minutes. Serve.
a dollop of sour cream and salsa may be added.
Recipe from budget101.com with modifications and photo by Lois Linke, wife of Karl Linke, Nebraska Farm Bureau district director of member services for the southeast.