1/3 cup butter or stick margarine, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup honey
1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup wheat germ, divided
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1. In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar.
2. Beat in the honey, egg and lemon peel.
3. Combine the flour, 1/4 cup wheat germ, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture.
4. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
5. Roll dough into 1-inch balls; roll in remaining wheat germ. Place 2 inches apart on baking sheets coated with nonstick cooking spray.
6. Bake at 350º F for 11-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Store in an air-tight container.
Honey Lemon Cookies recipe from Taste of Home’s Light and Tasty magazine. Photos by Lois Linke, wife of Karl Linke, Nebraska Farm Bureau district director of member services for the southeast.