2 1/4 cups flour
1/3 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup unsalted butter, chilled
3/4 cup half & half
1 large egg
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
1 cup toasted coarsely broken walnuts
1 cup finely chopped dried apricots
6 ounces white chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 375º F.
2. In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients.
3. Cut in the butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
4. In a small bowl, stir together the cream, egg and vanilla.
5. Add the nuts, apricots and chips to the dry ingredients. Mix to distribute.
6. Add the liquid mixture to the flour mixture and stir until combined.
7. On a floured surface, gently knead dough until it comes together. Pat out into a circular disk approximately 1 inch thick. Cut into 8 wedges.
8. Place the wedges in a circle onto a greased baking sheet, leaving about 1/2 inch space between each wedge.
9. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until the tops are lightly browned.
Apricot Walnut Scones recipe from Rock County Recipes and Remembrances Book with modifications and photo by Lois Linke, wife of Karl Linke, Nebraska Farm Bureau district director of member services for the southeast.