1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons cold butter
1/2 cup half-and-half cream
1 cup chopped pealed ripe pears
1/4 cup chopped pecans
1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, baking powder and salt.
2. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
3. Whisk egg and cream together; stir into crumb mixture just until moistened.
4. Fold in pears and pecans.
5. Drop by 1/4 cups onto an ungreased baking sheet.
6. Bake at 400º F for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown.
7. Serve warm.
Pear-Nut Biscuits recipe from Taste of Home’s Healthy Cooking magazine. Photo by Lois Linke, wife of Karl Linke, Nebraska Farm Bureau district director of member services for the southeast.