Day @ the Farm Video Contest
Life Without Agriculture?
Nebraska Farm Bureau and the Nebraska Farm Bureau Foundation for Agriculture are hoping to answer that question for students across the state. The two organizations have teamed up to host a video contest for Nebraska classrooms as a part of their goals to promote agriculture literacy.
Agriculture is a staple of Nebraska’s economy accounting for one in four jobs across our state. But with a growing distance between farmers and ranchers to students, an understanding of the impact of agriculture is becoming a major issue.
The Day @ the Farm Contest is designed to educate students about the importance of agriculture in their lives no matter where they live. Through the contest, Nebraska Farm Bureau hopes to teach students that their food, fuel and clothing come from agriculture.
Teachers and their classrooms, grades K-12, are invited to submit a video by Nov. 15 answering the question - What would your life be like without Nebraska Agriculture?
Three classrooms will be selected as grand prize winners from across the state. Additional rules and contest information is outlined below.
Winning classrooms will receive an all expense paid field trip to farms or ranches near their school as well as a surprise lunch congratulating them as a grand prize winner.
Entries are due Nov. 15, 2013.
Both an entry form and video must be received.
To submit an entry from via mail, click here >>
Day @ the Farm Contest Rules
- Video and entry forms are due Fri., Nov. 15, 2013. Entry forms and contest information is found on Nebraska Farm Bureau’s website at www.nefb.org, or may be mailed or emailed by contacting Kassi Williams at email@example.com or 402-421-4730.
- Videos must be less than three (3) minutes in length.
- Videos may also be submitted online, via Dropbox, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mailing a DVD to:
Nebraska Farm Bureau Federation
ATTN: Day @ the Farm
5225 S. 16th Street
Lincoln, NE 68501
To submit a video via Dropbox, a free document sharing program, your video file must be named as follows: TeacherName_SchoolDistrict (Example: MsSmith_SouthernValley).
Be sure to share your file with the email address: email@example.com.
To create a Dropbox account or to sign in, click here >>
For help using Dropbox, click here >>
- Three (3) grand prize winners will be selected by a panel of judges. Nebraska Farm Bureau will notify winning classrooms by Dec. 15, 2013. To announce the prize to classrooms, each grand prize winning classroom will earn a pizza party to celebrate their upcoming trip to a farm or ranch.
- Each grand prize winning classroom will receive:
- Surprise lunch victory celebration at their school
- Transportation, including insurance, to and from a farm or ranch
In some areas, classrooms may need to visit more than one farm or ranch;
transportation will be included for the entire day.
- Up to a day full of exploring, lessons and fun at a farm or ranch.
- All farm and ranch visits must be completed by the end of the 2013-2014 school year.
- To be eligible entries must be from Nebraska classrooms. Grades K-12 are eligible.
- All students featured in the video must have guardian signed waiver for the use of their image. This is to be handled by the teacher or school. If a classroom has a student who has not completed the image waiver, the school must notify Nebraska Farm Bureau.
- Entry videos, farm visit images and winner announcement images may be used by Nebraska Farm Bureau for promotional activities.
- Nebraska Farm Bureau Federation has full authority to modify or cancel the Day @ the Farm contest as needed.