Each year the Nebraska Farm Bureau Board of Directors adopts priorities providing guidance to ensure the bulk of the organization’s policy and advocacy efforts are focused on the most critical issue areas. On January 12, the NEFB State Board of Directors adopted the 2021 policy priorities. Priorities, in no specific order, include:
- Expand rural connectivity to secure high speed, high quality internet access statewide.
- Expand rural economic development opportunities to grow rural Nebraska and enhance profitability for farm and ranch families.
- Reduce Nebraska’s overreliance on property taxes and seek a more balanced system to fund education.
- Ensure environment and climate initiatives work for farm and ranch families.
- Support animal agriculture production and policies to enhance growth.
- Grow markets, domestic and international, for Nebraska agricultural products.
- Ensure regulations and programs work for farm and ranch families.