It’s hard to make a commitment to eat better and take better care of yourself and your family. But changing your everyday habits can help make eating better easier. And you can eat hearty and healthy! Check out our zucchini lasagna recipe!
2 c. ricotta
1 c. freshly grated Romano or Parmesan, plus more for sprinkling
2 large eggs
Freshly ground black pepper
1 lb. of lean ground hamburger, pork, or turkey
1 ½ c. marinara
3 or 4 large zucchinis, cut into wide strips using a Y peeler and drained on paper towels
3 c. shredded mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, stir together ricotta, Romano or Parmesan, and eggs and season the ricotta mixture with salt and pepper.
- Brown the hamburger, pork, or turkey in a pan and mix in the marinara sauce. Warm the mixture together in the pan.
- Spread a thin layer of marinara mixture in a baking dish and layer with two layers of zucchini noodles, ricotta mixture, and mozzarella.
- For the final layer, lay the zucchini noodles side by side or however you would like in the baking dish. Repeat until top layer is full.
- Sprinkle with more Parmesan and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake until totally melty and zucchini is cooked through, 30 minutes.
Let rest before slicing.