Grilled Steak Wrap is a great way to enjoy a light meal in the hot days of Summer!
By Benjamin Maides, Chef, Au Courant Regional Kitchen, Omaha, Nebraska
- 1 pound Certified Piedmontese kabob meat
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon spicy paprika
- ½ teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces crème fraîche or sour cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 4 pieces naan bread or thick flatbread for serving
- Salt and black pepper as needed
Mix kabob steak with olive oil, garlic, paprika, and chili flakes. Marinate in the refrigerator for one hour or up to eight hours. Mix crème fraîche (or sour cream) with parsley, chives, salt, and pepper. Thread kabob meat on skewers to keep it from falling through the grill grates and cook over high heat until medium-rare. About two minutes before the beef is finished cooking, add naan bread to the grill and cook until soft and lightly charred. To assemble, top the naan bread, grilled steak, crème fraîche, onions, and cucumbers. Wrap and enjoy.