Perfect for chilly autumn nights, this fall dinner idea is the ultimate cozy comfort food.
Easy Taco Bell Peppers
Cool autumn nights call for cozy comfort food and this Easy Taco Bell Pepper recipe is a Gangwish family favorite. It’s bright, fun, and full of flavor.
Recipe provided by Deb Gangwish – CommonGround Nebraska
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 packets taco seasoning
- 6 to 8 bell peppers (any color)
- 1 Knorr Spanish rice pouch
- 1 can of Mexi-corn
- 2 cups onions (yellow or white) diced or minced
- 1 teaspoon garlic (minced or pressed to taste)
- 1 pouch or 1 cup of Mexican cheese blend
- Top with sour cream and salsa to taste
- Wash, cut, and clean out bell peppers, then set in pepper pan or a 9 x 13 greased pan.
- Boil water in a saucepan for the Knorr Spanish rice pouch, following all directions. Keep warm.
- Sautee onions and garlic. Add ground beef and cook until done. Add taco seasoning packets and follow directions on packets. Keep warm.
- Mix Spanish rice, taco meat and Mexi-corn together, then spoon mixture into bell peppers.
- Cook at 375º degrees for 25 minutes or until bubbly. Remove from oven, top with Mexican cheese.
- Let it rest for five minutes so the cheese melts. Top with sour cream and salsa.
Feel free to add jalapeños, Rotel tomatoes, black beans, pinto beans, or modify any way that strikes your palate as delicious.