There are many factors that influence profitability in agriculture; taxes are one of them. Sound tax policy that recognizes the unique nature of agriculture is important to keeping farmers and ranchers in business. That’s why Nebraska Farm Bureau engages on key issues that affect farm and ranch families’ tax bills. Whether it’s inequity in property taxes used to fund schools, or pushing to repeal death taxes that can wipe out the generational transfer of family agriculture operations, Nebraska Farm Bureau is an advocate and voice for farmers and rancher on tax policy at the local, state and national level.
See where Farm Bureau stands on key tax issues and how we’re working for our members.
- Agriculture and Tax Reform
- Capital Gains Taxes and Stepped-Up Basis
- Estate Taxes and Special Use Valuation
- Health Insurance Tax
- Section 179 Small Business Expensing and Bonus Depreciation
- Section 1031 Like Kind Exchanges
- Southeast Community College Bond - Ag Land Analysis
- Southeast Community College Bond - All Property Analysis