County Farm Bureau Nomination
The YF&R Committee serves at the pleasure of the President and Board of Directors. One member from each membership region is eligible to serve. There are also four at-large positions (consisting of two YF&R At Large and two Student At Large). The Chair is appointed annually by the NEFB President, with ratification by the NEFB Board, from members of the YF&R Committee. The Vice Chair is elected annually by the members of the Committee. The Youth At Large member of the Board of Directors serves as an ex-officio member.
The Young Farmers & Ranchers Committee shall plan and execute a program which shall:
- Meet the needs of young people and assist the organization in attaining its leadership and program goals and objectives.
- Be within the scope of Farm Bureau policy.
- Be approved by the Board of Directors.
General Qualifications: A member of the Young Farmers & Ranchers Committee should:
- Be an active, loyal Farm Bureau member and believe in Farm Bureau as a means of solving public problems and in the market system as a means of meeting human needs.
- Be conscientious, dependable and cooperative.
- Demostrate an understanding of the needs of and opportunities for young producers and leaders.
- Have leadership ability.
- Be enthusiastic.
- Be willing to give time and effort.