Friends of Agriculture/Endorsements
Nebraska Farm Bureau’s ‘Friend of Agriculture’ is a political designation from NEFB-PAC given to selected candidates for federal public office based on their commitment to and positions on agricultural issues, qualifications and previous experience, communication abilities, their ability to represent their constituents and recommendations form district evaluation committees. In addition, NEFB-PAC also makes endorsements in state legislative and other state races. Farm Bureau members are encouraged to support NEFB-PAC ‘Friends of Agriculture’ and NEFB-PAC’s slate of endorsed candidates on Nov. 3.
Want to learn more? Contact Bruce Rieker, Vice President of Governmental Relations, (402) 421-4405.
With less than a year away from the 2022 Primary Election, candidates are already starting to announce their intentions to seek public office, so now is the time for County Farm Bureaus to start the evaluation process of candidates.
- When candidates make their way across the state to attend local events in your area, pleaseuse this list of questions to help identify their positions on the issues that impact agriculture andrural Nebraska and where they stand on the policies and priorities of Nebraska Farm Bureau.
- If you share the candidate’s responses to these questions with us, we can have a record that wewill share with other County Farm Bureaus.
Questions for Candidates
The following are NEFB’s priorities. What is your position on each of these?
- Expand rural connectivity to secure high speed, high quality internet access statewide.
- Expand rural economic development opportunities to grow rural Nebraska and enhanceprofitability for farm and ranch families.
- Reduce Nebraska’s overreliance on property taxes and seek a more balanced system to fund education.
- Ensure environment and climate initiatives work for farm and ranch families.
- Support animal agriculture production and policies to enhance growth.
- Grow markets, domestic and international, for Nebraska agricultural products.
- Ensure regulations and programs make sense for farm and ranch families.
What are your specific priorities for the state and how do you intend to achieve your goals?
Who are your go-to people currently in office? Why?
What are you going to do about taxes?
- Should the state preserve/enhance the Property Tax Credit Fund?
- What do you think of the refundable income tax credit created by LB 1107?
- What are your thoughts about comprehensive tax reform?
- What is the proper balance of the tax burden on Nebraskans?
- Property taxes
- Income taxes
- Sales taxes
- Broaden the base
- Lower the rate
- Tax Incentives
- What do you think about the consumption tax proposal?
What should be done about school funding?
- Is it an issue of the state stepping up by putting more money into TEEOSA?
- Do we need to reform TEEOSA? If so, how do you intend to build a coalition that can get thatdone?
What are your thoughts about spending controls and limits on property tax askings?
Are community colleges meeting the needs of the state?
- Is the balance of their funding from the state’s general funds and property taxes appropriate?
How can the University of Nebraska better serve rural Nebraska?
- Precision Ag
- Livestock production
What is the proper path Nebraska should take when it comes to environmental and climate issues?
What do we need to do to increase livestock production?
How do you intend to increase the state’s rural economic development efforts?
Are there areas of regulatory relief you want to make happen?
What are your thoughts about trade and what do you intend to do in that area?
What is your opinion of Farm Bureau?
Friends of Agriculture/Endorsements
House of Representatives