As we look to close out 2017 (which also marks the end of our Centennial Celebration of 100 years of the Nebraska Farm Bureau), I want to take a minute to say, “Thank You” to all of you who have helped move our organization forward over the past year.
Without the support and actions of Farm Bureau members from across the state, there’s no way our organization could fulfill its mission in serving as the “Trusted Voice for Nebraska Farm and Ranch Families.”
There are numerous ways in which members have supported our organization, and I know I can’t name every individual here, but I want you to know that your actions as members don’t go unnoticed. Your individual efforts contribute to the collective good, and I want to give a big farm bureau “Thank You” to everyone who has:
- Volunteered to support your county farm bureau, whether it was serving on the county board, attending a county meeting, serving as a delegate to our annual meeting, or volunteering with any number of county projects.
- Served on one of our organizational committees: Promotion and Education, State Legislative Policy Committee, Young Farmers and Ranchers Committee, Nominating Committee.
- Helped advance our advocacy efforts by testifying at a hearing, contacting your state senator or other elected leaders or agency officials on a policy issue, or writing a letter to the editor on a policy topic.
- Supported the organization financially. Just by being a member you help provide underlying support for the organization. A special thanks to those who have chosen to upgrade your membership to Century Club status, donated to our Foundation, or made a gift of financial support to NFBF-PAC.
- Engaged to be a public face and voice for Nebraska Agriculture by serving as an Ag Pen Pal, visiting with media about agriculture issues, or participating in our Farm Bureau Proud marketing efforts).
While I know I didn’t get every opportunity for engagement listed, my point is that it takes a lot of people doing good things at the local and state level to help keep our organization strong. That includes our elected board of directors and our professional staff.
In short, “Thank You” to everyone who propelled us forward in 2017, as we look forward to reaching for even greater heights in the new year!
Merry Christmas! and Happy New Year!
Until next time,
Until Next Time,