The Young Farmers and Ranchers committee is a group of young producers from across the state, appointed by the Nebraska Farm Bureau Board of Directors, to provide real feedback and issues that young producers are facing on their operations. Committee members are divided into districts which allows them to better serve the young farmers and ranchers in their respective regions. The committee also guides the direction and planning of the Young Farmers and Ranchers conference each year.
The Young Farmers & Ranchers Committee shall plan and execute a program which shall:
- Meet the needs of young people and assist the organization in attaining its leadership and program goals and objectives.
- Be within the scope of Farm Bureau policy.
- Be approved by the Board of Directors.
General Qualifications: A member of the Young Farmers & Ranchers Committee should:
- Be an active, loyal Farm Bureau member and believe in Farm Bureau as a means of solving public problems and in the market system as a means of meeting human needs.
- Be conscientious, dependable and cooperative.
- Understand the needs of and opportunities for young producers and leaders.
- Have leadership ability.
- Be enthusiastic.
- Be willing to give time and effort.
Interested in serving on the YF&R Committee? Click here!