The Nebraska Farm Bureau Leadership Academy is a yearlong leadership training program designed to produce strong and effective Farm Bureau leaders.
We focus on personal growth and development, public speaking, working effectively with all forms of media, understanding the role and functions of Farm Bureau in Nebraska, and advocacy training at the local, state, and national levels.
Who Should Apply?
Farm Bureau members involved in production agriculture or agribusiness with the potential for providing exceptional leadership in their county, community, and state.
Nebraska Farm Bureau’s Leadership Academy is an opportunity to meet others committed to the future of rural Nebraska and to establish a solid network of friends and fellow leaders. Participants will learn the latest information about critical issues and develop their skills for leading change. Deadline is November 4, 2022.
- The Nebraska Farm Bureau Leadership Academy is for Farm Bureau members involved in production agriculture or agribusiness with a desire to provide exceptional leadership in their county, community and state.
- The Academy is open to men and women of all ages. However, those who have served on the NFBF Board of Directors are not eligible to participate in this program.
- Ten individuals will be selected to participate.
- Nebraska Farm Bureau Services, Inc., is the exclusive sponsor of this NEFB program and will support the majority of the Leadership Academy, including hotel stays and meals for all in-state sessions and airfare, hotels, meals and fees associated with the Washington, D.C., trip. You or your County Farm Bureau will make an additional $200 investment.
- The academy schedule includes four two-day sessions in Nebraska and a visit to Washington, D.C. Each participant must attend at least three in-state sessions to be eligible for the Washington, D.C., trip.
2023 Tentative Schedule
- Jan. 19-20– Kearney
- Feb. 23-24 – Grand Island
- March 23-24 – Lincoln
- August 3-4 – TBD
- September TBD – Washington, D.C.